Data Science and AI play increasingly critical roles in Marine Science observation, operation and sustainable utilisation. This special issue aims for publishing up-to-date high-quality research and innovation results in all areas related to AI, data science, and scientific workflows in marine science. Contributions promoting Open Science and FAIRness are particularly encouraged.
All topics related to AI, Data Science, and Scientific Workflows including statistical and mathematical modelling, knowledge representation and discovery, machine learning, deep learning, simulation and visualisation, and innovative tasks composition for the acquisition, integration, reduction, visualisation, and publication of data in marine-related application contexts are welcome.
Papers may address the interdisciplinary vision, position, review and significant theoretical and practical contributions to synergise AI, Data Science and machine/deep learning with marine science and to innovate new-generation systems and services. This includes but is not limited to new theoretical and technical advancements as well as novel and significant real-world applications. Open Science and FAIRness approaches deserve a special mention. Survey, position and vision papers are also welcome.
Submissions must be original, not published and not currently under review. Submissions should include a contribution statement on their significant and original contributions in the context of the state-of-the-art progress. Journal versions of previously published conference papers must include substantially new content and such new content should be properly highlighted at submission time.
Submissions will be reviewed when they appear in the editorial system. Accepted papers will be online published before included in the hard copies of the special issue.
- Papers should be formatted in the JDSA template and submitted to JDSA at https://www.editorialmanager.com/jdsa/default.aspx
- There is no page limitation.
- Please follow the author’s instructions of JDSA at the journal website https://www.springer.com/journal/41060/submission-guidelines?IFA in preparing your papers.
Final submission deadline 30 June 2024 (strict deadline)
- Hongsheng Bi, Center for Environmental Science, University of Maryland, College Park Cambridge, United States
- Leonardo Candela, Institute of Information Science and Technologies - National Research Council of Italy, Pisa, Italy
- Pasquale Pagano, Institute of Information Science and Technologies - National Research Council of Italy, Pisa, Italy
- Dick Schaap, MARIS, Nootdorp, The Netherlands
Interested in learning more on the Special Issue on Data Science and AI in Marine Science and Blue Economy? Leave your details below