On 5-6 December 2022, EOSC Future and the INFRAEOSC-07 projects (C-SCALE, DICE, EGI-ACE, OpenAIRE Nexus, Reliance) are hosting an online use case showcase. Check out the agenda and register for this online interactive event by 4 December, 23.59 CET.
Over 2 half-day webinars, actual EOSC users will present how their research communities are using EOSC digital assets to address scientific and societal challenges related to 3 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Climate action (SDG 13)
- Industry, Innovation & infrastructure (SDG 9)
- Good health & well-being (SDG 3)
There will also be a session with use cases related to Open Science more broadly.
Why ‘use cases’?
The demonstrative, first-hand format of the event will enable real research communities to show how their work can be leveraged by EOSC. Researchers, disciplinary groups and anyone interested to learn about both EOSC-related tools and services for data sharing and discoverability as well as discipline-related solutions are invited to the webinar. Attendees will also hear first-hand accounts from early-adopter communities that have integrated some of these core EOSC services.
A bit of context: A showcase years in the making
In October, EOSC Future released a range of functionalities to support data-intensive research, data discovery and more. Beyond this, EU-funded projects (C-SCALE, DICE, EGI-ACE, OpenAIRE-Nexus, Reliance) have been working on integrating these functionalities, particularly in the Environmental Sciences, Health and Medicine, Research & Innovation, to serve our planet and society.
In light of the above, concrete examples exist, demonstrating these functionalities in practice:
- benchmarking tools
- …and more.
1 programme, 2 days
Check out the agenda to get a glimpse of the cases in the programme, in addition to a at the users, EU and UN officials who will be weighing in on discussions.
Day 1 – 5 December
- 09.30-11.00: Digital assets supporting SDG 13: Climate action
- 11.15-12.00: Digital assets supporting SDG 3: Good health and well-being
- 12:15-13:00: Discovering services for open science
Day 2 – 6 December
- 09.00-09.45: Digital assets supporting SDG 9 Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- 10.00-10.45: Experiences from Early Adopters approaching EOSC: the RELIANCE Open challenge
- 11.00-12.00: Lessons Learnt from use cases
- 12.15-13.00: Looking forward: What are the needs of researchers in terms of digital assets in the next 10 years?
You can select specific sessions you would like to attend. Please note that the event will be online and conducted in English.