The EOSC Symposium brought together the shakers and makers in the growing EOSC community to provide answers to the most frequently asked questions about EOSC:
- What is EOSC going to give me that I don’t have today?
- How are the main issues and opportunities in the EOSC Strategic Implementation Plan being addressed?
- Are there still gaps in the EOSC landscape to fill in?
- Is EOSC really contributing to the grand societal challenges addressed by science?
- Are the links between data and HPC initiatives becoming stronger and stronger?
- What are the business models and governance regulating EOSC?
- Who will benefit from EOSC? Is it just for researchers?
- Do enterprise players see a role for themselves in EOSC and how ?
- What is the role of national and thematic research infrastructures in the EOSC arena?
- Is FAIR just a buzzword?
Blue-Could took part in the EOSC Symposium, showcasing its demonstrators that cover topics in crucial areas for marine research and the blue economy.
On Tuesday, 26 November, Lennert Schepers of VLIZ, leading the work on the Blue-Cloud demonstrator on Zoo- and Phytoplankton EOV products, participated in the EOSC Use Cases Session, with the presentation "Why little creatures have a big impact in the Blue Cloud" - Download here
On Wednesday, 27 November, our poster was presented during the Key Exploitable Results Session
(Download as a pdf below)
On Thursday, 28 November, Dick Schaap from MARIS, Technical Coordinator of the Blue-Cloud project, participated in the EOSC for Life and Environmental Sciences Session, with the presentation "EOSC – Life – Blue-Cloud for marine sciences" - Download here
You can find more details about the EOSC Symposium here.