The Blue-Cloud Virtual Research Environment (VRE) is an Open Science platform for collaborative marine research, using a wide variety of datasets and analytical tools, complemented by generic services such as sub-setting, pre-processing, harmonising, publishing and visualisation.
The VRE hosts different Virtual Labs, which users can access with existing credentials in EOSC, the European Open Science Cloud. Multi-disciplinary datasets retrieved from the Blue-Cloud Data Discovery & Access Service can be exploited in the VRE. All methods and services in the Catalogue are exchanged with the EOSC Portal Catalogue & Marketplace.
Researchers work closely together with the Blue-Cloud 2026 technical team to describe thematic Virtual Lab workflows and technical requirements, in order to implement them in the Blue-Cloud VRE and further test its capabilities on specific topics.
In this webinar, Blue-Cloud experts show how to use the VRE, as well as to demonstrate a practical example of thematic Virtual Lab. Marine researchers across different sectors will be able to find their way into our platform for collaborative Open Science, easily accessible via existing credentials in the EOSC ecosystem.
- 11:00 - Federico Drago, Trust-IT - Welcome
- 11:05 - Pasquale Pagano, CNR-ISTI - Blue-Cloud 2026 Introduction
- 11:20 - Massimiliano Assante, CNR-ISTI - Blue-Cloud VRE Open Science services for building, hosting and operating Virtual Labs
- 12:10 - Francesco Palermo, CMCC Foundation - Blue-Cloud VLabs in action - Marine Environmental Indicators
- 12:40 - Questions & Answers
Slides coming soon